Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Baked Spicy Stingray

We are on a "fish diet" this week. Kinda "meated out".

We bought some kind of a white fish (this is really bugging me now - I do not know my fish well - pomfret, sole, salmon, tuna and cod I know well but am stumped with most other fish - will check out the labels and signs on the fish at the supermarket and confirm later) and stingray from pasar malam (night market) on Sunday.

Yesterday, I made the panfried unknown fish topped with crispy ginger/shallot/garlic mix for myself and steamed version for him with tomato and cucumber salad. So, no recipe until I know the name of the fish cos I KNOW these recipes work well for this particular fish.

Today, both of us had the same - hot baked spicy stingray with rice and crab salad on the side.

Baked Spicy Stingray

Ingredients :
2 cut pieces of stingray (about 300-350gms)
1 inch of of young ginger (sliced)
6 shallots (peeled and sliced)
2-8 cili padi or bird's eye chilli - more if you can take fiery hot chillies (cut)
4 key limes
salt and/or Maggi Seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil

Method :

1. Preheat oven to 250 deg C for 5 mins.
2. Season fish with salt and/or Maggi Seasoning. I used both so a teeny weeny bit of each.
3. Place 2 tbsp of olive oil on a baking dish. Rub all sides of the fish lightly against the oil in on the baking dish. And once coated thoroughly, leave in the baking dish.
4. Place sliced ginger, shallots and cili padi on top of fish.
5. Bake for 10 mins. Remove, squeeze 2 limes all over and turn the fish carefully. Bake for another 10 mins.
6. Squeeze remaining 2 limes. Serve hot with white fluffy rice and a cold salad.

I feel lighter and healthier already. Hahaahahhahaha!!!

No comments: