Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Breaded Lemon Sole
Today, we had breaded lemon sole for dinner. Tuesday is a great day to buy fish and other seafood at Village Grocer, Bangsar. Fresh, fresh, fresh!! I like! (I know the picture doesn't show that...it's me, the photographer's fault)
2 lemon sole fillets (about 350gm in total)
2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
freshly cracked black pepper
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch of salt
pinch of white pepper
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsps olive oil
2 lemon wedges or 2 limes
1. Rinse sole fillets and pat dry with kitchen towels.
2. Season with lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
3. Heat a non-stick pan. Melt 1/2 tbsp of the butter and add in 1 tbsp olive oil.
4. Coat sole fillet (one at a time) with beaten egg followed by mixture of breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and white pepper.
5. Fry for about 3 to 4 mins each side, turning only ONCE till golden brown. The fillet will be flaky.
6. Squeeze lemon or lime over and serve warm.
We had this breaded sole with Greek salad and bagels (I know, not very dinner-like).
Anyway, fresh fish and meats need very little other than salt and/or garlic and/or lemon juice to bring out their flavour.