Sunday, September 17, 2006

My Surprise Birthday Do!

It has been a GREAT weekend!! Firstly, I had Jen and hubby and their 2 superadorable boys, Ryan and Aidan dropped by. We hung out at the pool and chitchatted. Gosh, it had been ages since we last met at Mid-Valley sans the 2 little boys.

And last night, Barry threw a surprise birthday party for me. I was out shopping with Shio (THE Diversion) and was greeted with a loud "SURPRISE!" from about 20 people when I got home. I was stunned for quite a while. Suffering no heart attack nor brain damage from the shock, I had an amazing time. It was a blast! AWESOME! I was very pleasantly surprised!

It was a great evening - lotsa food (there was naan, dhall gravy, curry chicken, tandoori chicken, noodles, fried rice and a host of yummies from everyone), wine and beer - and above all, the presence of so many great people - very, very memorable for me!

And now, the thought of being in Japan, away from home from everyone on my birthday this week is not so bad.....

I love surprises!! Thanks B!

And my thanks to his project members Elsa, Sai(?), Shio, Tim and Sashe and also to Mike Owen, Michael Z, Sharil, Irene, Sunny, Beth, Mark, Dian, Chris, Augusta, Bob (the photographer - whose photos I used here), Lisa, Ruben, Rosemary and husband.

Their presence made all the difference.



Augusta, Mike Owen, Barry and Chris closing the door, Irene, Ruben (hidden) and Lisa

Tim in his T. Fox run outfit

Lisa (left) and Beth (right) - such sports! Michael Z and Sashe in the background looking kool

Elsa and Chris bringing in the bday cakes - Sashe and Sunny in the background - Beth on left and Barry on the right

Me - blowing candles - yup, 2 cakes (from Elsa & Chris) - Augusta, Beth and Barry in the background

Beth and Tim - two sports greater than ice hockey (Guess where I copied this phrase from. Ha!)

Chris, Augusta, Sai - Another 3 sports greater than hockey

Role reversal - Bob "Albino" Marley being photographed for once, by Sharil


Mark, Dian, Ruben, Lisa and Elsa doing the Kitchen Confidential

Me, Shio and Irene

Barry & Me - I am a very happy camper...WOOHOO!!! ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! Happy belated birthday!

Jason Dupuis said...

Karen, bonne fête à toi ma chère Karen... bon voyage au Japon!
jason

Jason Dupuis said...

Bonne fête à toi ma chère Karen... bon voyage au Japon.
Jason

Diary of Kay El said...

Thanks Ivone! Family, friends and food - great stuffs. Not necessarily in that order.

Merci Jason! Je suis contente. Just had lobster and Kobe beef tetsuyaki...Ahh.. C'est la vie!