Friday, October 13, 2006

Singapore 8-9 October 2006

I had been running around like a headless chicken.... Budget meeting is finally over... the major deals have been closed and claims tabulated and submitted. Am now working for final quarter of 2007 and Year 2008.

Best of all, I am going for a much needed holiday!

Anyway, a glimpse of what I had in Singapore other than champagne at Swissotel's bar on 70th Floor...

Not all pictures turned out well as I had to hurry... not easy to snap picture of food at biz functions.... and I certainly missed out on a alot of picture-taking opportunities.

So, after fine drinking at Swissotel, we went to the upclass hawker centre, Newton Circus....

Dinner spread at Newton Circus - mainly for the gwailos' sake - you can tell that we are actually not that refined from the mess made...When in hawker centre.....LOL!
Chilli Crabs - personally, I prefer black pepper crabs - and must be female crabs with roe - cholesterol is good sometimes.

Lunch the next day was at Straits Kitchen, Grand Hyatt where we stayed and had our 2-day meeting. So spoilt for choice as it was a buffet. The typical Nyonya fare but very delicious - love the roast duck, spring rolls made fresh, gado-gado, acar, arrowroot soup, the sweets and lots more..... and fruit juices made there and then....

Dinner the next day was at Min Jiang Chinese Restaurant at Goodwood Park. I committed multiple sins at one sitting ...Read on and you will know what I mean...

We had Lobster Sashimi (with wasabi and soya sauce of course!) as starter followed by Buddha/Monk Jump over the Wall.

2nd Bowl of Budhha/Monk Jump over the Wall (Mushroom, Sea cucumber, scallops while the first bowl was mainly sharksfin). Goes well with dark vinegar...
Third serving of Buddha/Monk Jump over the Wall - abalone

Suckling Pig with Foie Gras on Man Tou

It was followed by a fish dish and a bowl of porridge flavoured with shells of the 2 lobsters we devoured raw as appetiser. By now, the gwailo bosses were full from liquid (2 bowls from the Buddha/Monk Jump over the Wall course and a bowl of porridge). I loved the soups and porridge though.

Dessert - Steamed Bird's Nest and Hasma in Almond Milk - I like Birds' nest and Hasma but I don't like the smell and taste of almond milk. I finished it anyways as not to waste. It's good for the skin...yea, I am sucker..anything to make me look good...

More dessert - Lotus paste sweets - by this round, everybody's tummy was full to the brim, so lots left.... on top of this, we had ice-cream cake to celebrate >10th anniversary of a colleague and 2 agents with the company...The colleague got a spanking new diamond encrusted Tag Heuer watch... I have to wait at least 7 more years.... hopefully, they still maintain this practice......

2 comments:

irenekay said...

lobster at newton circus?!????? the last time i had something there to eat, errr....the food sux..:P

NExt time.... I'm gonna BUNK in with ALL your trips....save a piece of foie gras for me!!!!

Diary of Kay El said...

Yup...and jumbo shrimps too! Gotta know exactly which stall is good for which food... most welcome anytime to bunk.... And thanks TONS (to Sunny chai too) for the earring stand...been ngam ngam cham cham to Barry to get that..it's already loaded up..only half occupied..so, SHOPPING time!!!