Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soup Restaurant (DFS@Orchard)

Another restaurant which I was supposed to write last year....

This place is for days when I do not have much appetite - they serve a lot of my comfort foods.

There were 3 of us and we all started with and individual bowl of steamed cheicken soup (I think my love affair with soup started when I was still in liquid).Samsui chicken - Smooth and tender steamed chicken served with garlic/ginger dip which intensified the sweet flavour of the chicken and cucumber slices - portion is huge though (probably enough for 4 person - there were 3 of us and we couldn't finish it)

Kao yuk (pork belly) with fried mantou - beautiful presentation - meat thinly sliced without breaking and re-rolled - so, what you see is a square-ish roll. The fat makes the meat tender - shiok! Great for lard lovers. Stir-fried fan shu yu (sweet potato leaves) - a bit on the oily side though (maybe even more so after having the kao yuk).

Soup Restaurant
25 Scotts Road
#02-01, DFS Scottswalk
Singapore 228220
Telephone: (65) 6333-8033

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soup restaurant is my favourite..!! i missed the chicken.. and the soup .. and dessert there.. :(