Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Banana Walnut Cupcakes
1 cup wholemeal wheat flour
2/3 cup white sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas (5 to 6 inches long) - mashed and mixed with 1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare 12 muffin cups.
2. Combine the sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and soda and oil.
3. With an electric mixer beat eggs into mixture one at a time.
4. Stir in the bananas and the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25mins or test with a toothpick. Toothpick should come out clean.
Do note that the more ripe the bananas are, the sweeter they are. Watch the sugar quantity!