Saturday, August 26, 2006

Two Nites in Bangkok 22-24 August 2006

I was in Bangkok for work for 3D/2N and managed to squeeze in some time for food - no massage though...was either food or massage and naturally being crazy about food, I chose the former.

Highlights :

1. il cielo Restaurant at Dusit Thani Hotel

My guest and I shared the 'il cielo' Salad :
Italian Lettuces with huge thin slices of Parmesan cheese, Pan-Fried Duck Liver on a slice of baguette, Grilled Rock Lobster, Parma Ham and Artichokes - all Tossed in il cielo's House Vinaigrette

I made the choice as it has all of my favourite stuffs. I was actually quite full by the end of it. And I made the wrong choice of having the Mixed Grilled Seafood - it was just OK.

BUT, dessert was divine! I had the Tiramisu - very light. Thumbs up from a non-coffee fan.

2. Baan Khanitha

We went to their latest restaurant at South Sathorn Road - I can proudly say I have dined at all their outlets.

Complimentary Appetizer - Mieng Kam (I love it!) It's actually lime cubes, cut lethal little chillies, dried shrimp, ginger cubes, shallots, toasted coconut flakes and peanut wrapped with betel leaves and topped with a sweet dressing.

We had chicken and prawns with pomelo salad, crispy fish in red curry and fried river prawns with garlic and basil leaves... As usual, was as stuffed as ever.

I love glutinous rice balls with black sesame in ginger soup. So, we had that - see the steam coming out? The ginger soup is great for flatulence. Haha!


And, I even had space for the mango with glutinous rice dessert - came with a scoop of coconut ice-cream.


I was a happy camper......

No comments: