After drooling over the pictures of Stuffed Eggplants in Cream Puffs in Venice's blog, I just had to try them out.
So, I made them with some modifications (with apologies to Cream Puffs in Venice) :
1. 8 Japanese eggplants - no extra big eggplant needed
2. Steamed the eggplants for 1/2 hour in a steamer
3. Omitted the parsley as we are not a fan
4. Substituted Crotonese cheese with just 1/2 cup chopped matured cheddar mixed into the eggplant/breadcrumbs as I had quite a lot of that in the fridge
5. And I coated the stuffed eggplant with breadcrumbs to prevent the melted cheese from flowing out into the oil.
My picture is nowhere near as Cream Puffs in Venice... Since I moved in with Barry, I have been reminding myself to take my plates and bowls out of the carton boxes.
Though they look unappetising in picture, they taste very good.
And being a Malaysian, I love a little kick in my food - so I had it with chillie sauce. I dare say I was appeased!!!