Saturday, August 26, 2006

Stuffed Eggplant

After drooling over the pictures of Stuffed Eggplants in Cream Puffs in Venice's blog, I just had to try them out.

So, I made them with some modifications (with apologies to Cream Puffs in Venice) :

1. 8 Japanese eggplants - no extra big eggplant needed
2. Steamed the eggplants for 1/2 hour in a steamer
3. Omitted the parsley as we are not a fan
4. Substituted Crotonese cheese with just 1/2 cup chopped matured cheddar mixed into the eggplant/breadcrumbs as I had quite a lot of that in the fridge
5. And I coated the stuffed eggplant with breadcrumbs to prevent the melted cheese from flowing out into the oil.

My picture is nowhere near as Cream Puffs in Venice... Since I moved in with Barry, I have been reminding myself to take my plates and bowls out of the carton boxes.

Though they look unappetising in picture, they taste very good.

And being a Malaysian, I love a little kick in my food - so I had it with chillie sauce. I dare say I was appeased!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look beautiful to me! And I love that you adapted the recipe ... that's what cooking is all about ... making food your own!

Great blog!

Diary of Kay El said...

Ooo.... THANKS! Coming from you, I am totally flattered. Am a fan of your blog, very inspiring.