Thursday, August 10, 2006

Keep Swimming!

I had a request for quotation for my products a few months back from Singapore but I haven't closed any deals yet with that company. One thing nice though is that I get inspirational messages every now and then via my email from the guy who enquired.

I received another email this morning. I just want to share with you this story which I have just read; of 2 frogs which I remember hearing a long while back before....

Too many people give up just before the tide turns. Like a man dying of thirst in the desert, who lays down to his final rest before seeing the oasis just beyond the crest of a sand dune.

How sad it is, to have thrown in the towel too early. What a waste! And to think salvation was so close!

Here's a poem about two unfortunate frogs and how a determined will to survive saved one of them.

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl.
One was an optimistic soul.
But the other took the gloomy view.
"We'll drown," he lamented without much ado,
and with a last despairing cry, he flung up his legs and said "Goodbye."

Said the other frog with a steadfast grin,
"I can't get out but I won't give in,
I'll just swim around till my strength is spent,
then I'll die the more content." Bravely he swam to work his scheme,
and his struggles began to churn the cream.

The more he swam, his legs a flutter,
the more the cream turned into butter.
On top of the butter at last he stopped,
and out of the bowl he gaily hopped.
What is the moral? It's easily found...
If you can't hop out, keep swimming around!

How easy it is to just give up, to see the world through a doomsday screen and abandon it. Courage and faith are required to persevere and make the best of every situation.

If only the other frog had known how simple it was to get out, I'm sure he wouldn't have given up so easily. But life is such? we never know how simple some things really are, though they seem impossible to achieve.

It is only our faith and optimism that helps carries us through the most seemingly insurmountable odds.


Written by Eugene
Regard's

Rick Chua


Thanks Rick, for the inspirational message every now and then....

It's amazing that we as individual has the ability to encourage or to discourage another...and it is my hope that I will be able to encourage with my words and actions.

Have a great day, people.

Lots of love.

No comments: