I had quite a bit of chillies and button mushrooms left in the fridge...and didn't feel like having lunch as Barry whipped up a yummy meal of potatoes, eggs and toast for breakfast (and I don't normally have breakfasts unless you count hot chocolate as breakfast).
And I happened to have minced beef in the fridge too!! Perfect for stuffed chillies and mushrooms.... and Mike is over too for Xbox games - so, everyone gets to snack!
It's so easy to make.
10 button mushrooms (remove the stems)
6 chillies (cos spicy) - cut a slit lengthwise in each and remove seeds
100gms minced beef (weight watchers' type)
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp soya sauce
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
some cracked black pepper
2 tsp sesame oil
1. Mix all ingredients except the mushroom caps, chillies and olive oil.
2. Chop mushroom stems finely and mix into the minced beef mixture.
3. Preheat oven to 220 deg C. Oil a baking pan.
4. Stuff mixture into chillies and mushrooms.
5. Brush with olive oil.
6. Bake for 25-30mins (depends on size of chillies and mushrooms)