Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Inflight Food : Malaysia Airlines KLIA-Narita & Narita-KLIA Sector

I usually do not eat much plane food preferring to eat before flying. After a decade of plane food, the smell of the food being warmed makes my head spin sometimes... At one time, I could even recite the menu without looking at it....However, the Japan sector is one exception and of course, the better one being from Japan to Kuala Lumpur...

I was preoccupied with work when I was flying to Japan and didn't bother with pictures... I started with the "customary" beef and chicken satay with nasi himpit and cucumber cubes.. skipped the onions just in case...

And I wanted the Japanese appetizer but was told that they have ran out of it.... so, I skipped appetizer and went straight for the main meal. I was in too good a mood to think too much about service onboard Malaysia Airlines as I had just secured my second Japanese order this year.... ;o)

Here is my main course, unagi kabayaki downed with Vincent Sauvestre Chablis 2005.... finished off with Haagen Daz vanilla ice-cream...


I was more observant on the flight home as it was after all, Friday.... And appetite was bigger... Satay again - now you know why I called it "customary"... It's in every Biz class flight as far as I could remember... And I still leave the onions behind.... My choice of aperitif : Joseph Perrier Cuvee Royale Brut 2002. They are very generous with the alcohol... filling it to the brim every time they walk past....
My Japanese appetizer!!!

Cold soba... not really into this but without the raw quail's egg, I can stomach it...
I love pickles!!!
The main course - beef... description of food in the menu below.... I didn't finish main course this time... Like I said, I can't eat too much plane food.... it's either mains or appies...
Dessert - wagashi filled with lotus paste.... so pretty... so tasty too... love them! And I had a little tub of Haagen Daz ice-cream again... my 2nd fave after Ben and Jerry's choc banana...



Grilled Mutsu Fish (Background) and Shrimp Mousseline (Foreground) served just before landing as snack.. I didn't try the pizza...and I noticed that it was the least favourite among the passengers on the flight which I took.. The mutsu fish was very delicate in texture and the mousseline was ok... tasted like yong tow foo...

No comments: