Sunday, June 03, 2007

Xin Cuisine Restaurant, Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur

I popped into Christy's office last Friday at lunch time and we hopped over, across the street, to Xin Cuisine Restaurant at Concorde Hotel for dim sum. I haven't had dim sum in ages!

Normally, I would have them at Eden Restaurant, KL International Airport just before my flights but recently I had been taking early morning flights and there simply wasn't enough time to even swallow some slippery smooth cheong fun (rice noodle rolls).

Personally, I prefer fried/baked dim sum to the steamed stuffs. For a start, we ordered a pot of hot Chinese tea (I think it was cha wang). Below are the stuffs we had (our bellies were very full since the portions were big).

Taro Croquette or taro root dumpling - Wu gok/woo kok - these are my all time favs. I love taro! See the fluffy taro covering the delicious filling of minced meat and seasoning? Barbequed pork rice noodle rolls - Char Siu Cheong Fun - Silky smooth, not too soft, not too firm - just right and with a sprinkling of green onions and char siu aplenty.
Beancurd Skin Rolls - San Juk Guen Radish Cake - Lo Bak Go - Another one of my favs - the radish cake cubes were just right in texture with loads of crunchy bean sprouts and chives and quite jumbo prawns. A bit on the oily side though. It has a little bit of spiciness to it but I should have asked for cut bird eyes' chillies with soya sauce to go with it (the staff were busy and we were in a hurry to get back to work). Sadly, no room in tummy to finish this off...
We also had a bowl of meat congee - I like! cos it has slivers of century egg in it. The congee was smooth and thick - very fragrant from well-seasoned pork and either you-hate-it-or-like-it taste of century egg (for most/some people, century egg can be very intimidating).

No comments: