Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Third Floor, JW Marriott Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

I had a quiet dinner yesterday at Third Floor. Our table was the only one occupied when we arrived at 7pm. We were joined by a table of 8 person at Third Floor just as we were finishing dinner.

Amuse bouche - savoury tart
My pan seared foie gras with poached peach and balsamic (RM88)
Lobster with spicy tagliatelle (RM168)
I know this does not look too great here.. but it really is divine!! My wagyu beef cheek with Sarawak pepper and red wine shallot sauce served with mushrooms, mash and vegs. (RM88)

No matter how many times I told myself not to have beef cheeks after foie gras, I seem to forget that whenever I make my food selection. I love both foie gras and wagyu beef cheeks equally.... a lot!

My dinner partner also ordered poached peach served with sauternes jelly & vanilla ice cream. It was wiped clean. So, it must be pretty good.
downed with Taittinger champagne - thankfully I could still fit into my wedding dress after!

No comments: