Friday, January 19, 2007

Lamb and Potato Curry Mini Pies





I cooked too much lamb and potato curry and having the same curry two days in a row is not so interesting for a person who doesn't like leftovers.
What better way to finish it up other than making curry puffs, samosas or pies? None.
So, I got busy and made a batch of shortcrust pastry to make mini pies just because I had this mental image of how cute they look.
Normally, I don't really measure when I cook - making pastry is no exception for me. I used 2 cups plain flour with a pinch of salt and 1/2 slab of 250gm chilled salted butter. Some ice water to bind the pastry dough.
There was very minimal rolling and handling and I made sure I keep the unused portion chilled in the fridge.
The end products were eggwashed before baking at preheated 190 deg C oven for 22 to 25 mins. These pies can be kept frozen - I don't freeze my stuffs for more than 2 weeks though.
Great for those need-a-snack-days!

No comments: