Elsa and Beth organised a wine & cheese party tonight... we had loads of cheese and wine and fun...
Baked Feta with Garlic by Elsa
Baked Brie with Brown Sugar and Walnuts by BethFruit Cheese
Cheddar CheeseCrackers and BreadsticksDessert... I don't think it has cheese.. Lol!
As usual, everybody brought something... apart from the above, there were Port Salut, Havarti, Kalamata Olives, loads of fruits too! Inspired by California Kitchen, Tony Roma's and Milestone's dips (cos both Barry & I love them!!!), I made warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip... it was my first time and thankfully, it turned out fine... So, all the cheese AND the artichoke did not go to waste.... Phew!
1 can 390gm Epicure artichoke hearts in salt water (rinse with water, drained and chopped finely)
1 can 383gm Del Monte spinach leaf in salt water (rinse with water, squeeze out water and slightly chopped)
1/2 cup Philadelphia cream cheese (mashed)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup Lady's Choice mayonnaise "Western Style"
1 onion (chopped finely)
3 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
2 sourdough bread or pumpernickel (I used Hiestand's frozen pumpernickel) - Can somebody tell me why is it SO difficult to get sourdough bread (and even pumpernickel) in Malaysia?
1. Preheat oven to 180 to 190 deg C.
2. Cut the top of bread so that you have a bread "lid". Hollow the bread and set the bread which have been taken out beside the hollowed out bread.
3. Mix the artichoke hearts, spinach, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and onion well.
4. Fill the hollow with cheese mixture. Close with the "lid".
5. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Do take out the bread pieces at the side about 1 minutes into baking so that they would not be burnt.
6. Serve with the cut pieces of bread.
Yield : Enough dip for 2 breads. It's a lot of dip!!!
Spinach & Artichoke Dip in Pumpernickel Bread (It looks really green in this pic.... Vegetables, anyone?)