Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas

It was a very busy Christmas for me this year. We hosted a Christmas eve turkey dinner. Of course, I didn't roast the turkey - it's too big a task for a novice cook who has too small an oven.
Barry and friends at our Christmas eve dinner - he was trying to be funny when I was snapping pictures

We got our turkey from Las Carretas again as we have always done the past 3 years. This year, we got their biggest turkey since I was the first caller - a 4 kg bird!
The STAR of Christmas eve dinner - The TURKEY!

Dinner spread - Apart from turkey (with chestnut stuffing, giblet gravy and cranberry sauce), I made roast potatoes, spinach and artichoke dip, mango and avocado salad, chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, chocolate dipped strawberries and cherries and party nuts (with sea salt, maple syrup, brown sugar and chili flakes)
Some of the Christmas gifts More Christmas goodies - Levi's Jeans The picture above is of the gifts I received from my little nephews and nieces - I am blessed with a great family. Four of my nieces came over on Christmas day and we spent our day at the pool and ate turkey sandwiches (what else?), cookies, Chachos, walnuts and almonds, carrot cake and chocolate dipped strawberries and cherries from the Christmas eve dinner.

I had a great time cooking and baking for Christmas - and so much joy in the company of family and friends.
And we have just received news of Oscar and Shannon's engagement - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I get very excited about news of engagements and weddings and new babies....

No comments: