Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Kerabu Mee Hoon and Glutinuos Rice Balls

Just had a lovely kerabu mee hoon (rice vermicelli salad - not great a translation but I guess, suffice) from May, who runs the cafe at my office building. Sweet of her to have her staff brought up to my office.

It was simply delicious with the right tang from lime juice and flavour from dried shrimps, bunga kantan, fried and raw shallots and scallion (spring onion). The green cili padi and red chilli provided the "kick"!

Oh my! Out of this world!! Am drooling even till now! See the pic? Spells healthy AND yummy!

Addition :

The next day, May sent me some glutinuous rice balls (tang yuan) to mark Winter Solstice (Dong Zhi)

Lovely hue aren't they? Tastes delicious with the right "bite". Not too soft nor hard. And best of all, the soup is not too sweet.

I am truly blessed!

No comments: