Saturday, January 07, 2006

Post-New Year

Christmas came and went. New Year came and went....

Had tons of fun at Chillis Bangsar with the kids a day before Christmas eve. My, they can really eat!! Everyone finished their meals except moi. And mine was just the salad too. Sigh, I guess it's one of those indications of age. I remember I used to eat like a big bowl of rice (size of the large Chinese soup bowl where everybody partake from) followed by a loaf of bread. Yes, I was a glutton with the body of an undernourished Ethiopian.

Gave them a card with words of love and cash too - not much time to do Christmas shopping. I did get them a set of 4 books by Dan Brown for them to circulate. They enjoyed the pre-Christmas outing.

The trip to Australia was amazingly great - a little bumpy at certain points with wedding stress I guess, but nonetheless, still great overall as this is the longest away-from-Malaysia trip that Barry and I had.

We arrived Perth on Christmas day. Was nice to be picked up from airport by Gary (the groom), Barry's friend. And then we were left at the bride's house till late evening. It was Christmas and everything was closed. Perth is already famous for closing its shops early too.

Then, B & I took quick showers and went off to Ciano and Margot's place for Christmas dinner. We reached there late thus missed the goat on the spit. But, we were filled up well with other food nonetheless.

Shops were still closed on Boxing Day. So, we went to Cottesloe Beach. Had great fish and chips too just across the beach. Loved the fish and chips at Cottlesloe. Yummy! especially with vinegar and salt over fries and tartare sauce.

Managed to do stuffs like shopping, manicure, movie Narnia and meeting up with Ivan over the course of the next couple of days in Perth. Those and visit to Caversham Wildlife Park, wineries, chocolate factory and Fremantle. Met the koolest tour guide, Ron Crane, who took us on a private and personal tour of Swan Valley at a short notice. Also, had the pleasure of meeting David of Caversham Wildlife Park. Great people who went all the way to show us the beauty of the valley.

Got lots of clothes at a steal. It was sale time and I was lucky to find a few size 6 or XS stuffs hidden in the racks. In addition, silicone bra cups!! They work like a dream. I can now wear the lowest necklines and barebacks without any concern about bra straps showing.... I know, I know, I worry about the silliest things in life. They look funny though. Definitely mood killers if seen by the eyes of a man. Haha!

Barry had a great time especially since Perth is pretty much like Vancouver and it was even more awesome that his buddies from Canada were there with him. What a grrrreat way to celebrate his birthday!

As for me, those shopping and touring aside, this trip with Barry was one of the most memorable so far. In the busi-ness of day-to-day life, it's hard to get time together and Australia gave us lots of time. We took tons of pictures too!!

And the best thing was when the clock struck midnight, he gave me a surpise amidst the fireworks outside and shouts and whoops of happy new year. It was truly special... but that's him, always does things differently.. It was a nice, great surprise.

And I like that he loves my little poopy who happens to have halitosis. Eeeew...

Tons of other pictures but uploading them takes forever. After several failed attempts, I give up. Below are all that I was able to upload.



Wasn't prepared for the beach trip... My poor Louis Vuitton exposed to sand, sun and salt

Cottlesloe Beach House

Cottlesloe Beach

We had a good time at Witches' Cauldron, Subiaco. On our right, Ivan & Vanessa from Perth. On our left, Oscar & Shannon from Vancouver. Nice-looking couples, eh?

Another day at Cottlesloe Beach

Moi avec mon mec

No comments: