2 cloves garlic - minced
2 shallots - sliced
2 tbsp dried cranberries
2 tbsp frozen and thawed cranberries
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup red wine
1 tbsp butter
1. Season steaks with garlic, black pepper & salt. Sear the steaks on both sides till brown. Transfer to plate and keep warm covered with tin foil.
2. Turn off heat on the stove. Throw in shallots, both cranberries and red wine onto the pan which was used to cook the steaks. Turn on to the lowest heat and stir around the pan till shallots are browned.
3. Pour in stock and wine. Increase heat and bring to a boil, scrape the sides of pan and boil until liquid is reduced by about half.
4. Reduce heat, stir in mustard and continue to simmer until liquid is further reduced to the consistency preferred - I like mine thick.
5. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
6. Pour into a sauce jug and serve with the steaks. By now, you should have roasted new potatoes in the oven and some buttered haricot verts ready. Lovely with soft dinner rolls.