Sunday, August 26, 2007

Porridge (muay)

I always marvel at how selective my brain can be in making my wishes come true.... for instance, food that I crave always seem to appear but not other stuffs....Ha. Am not complaining either.

I was rushing for work last Friday morning, so no brekkie. As I was driving, my imagination did get wild - of a different sort though. I was thinking of a bowl of steaming hot porridge with my favourites like salted egg, century egg, ginger, fried dace with salted black beans etc...

Of course, the closest that I could get is chicken porridge from May who runs an eatery at my office building. Or so I thought....

The moment I arrived office and as my bum touched the chair, I received an sms from May herself asking if I was in the office so that her staff can sent up some "special porridge" to me.

How on earth is that possible? I certainly do not have telepathic abilities, ESP etc. etc.

Anyway, the certain thing was that I had a very happy tummy at the end.... I am after all a true blue porridge lover....
Porridge with finely shredded young ginger and garlic oil accompanied by : century egg, dried radish omelette, salted egg, sliced chinese dough cruellers (yau char kwai), fried peanuts and anchovies, green onions, pickled lettuce and fried dace with salted black beans.

Have just dug out my tiffin carrier and will use that to ta pau (pack food) next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice .. of May..! did you ask her .. how she knew..??

Diary of Kay El said...

I am a believer that most women have this skill of reading minds while men requires some prompts like cold shoulders. Haha. JUST KIDDING...