It has been nearly a week since I moved into Barry's... 6 days to be exact; out of which I was away travelling for 2 days.
Strange...been caught by the cooking bug...Bought two thick cookbooks compiled by Woman's Weekly : Food We Love and Great Fast Recipes.
Haven't tried any yet but will do so soon.
Anyway, I made Pesto Angel Hair Pasta for dinner last night - DELICIOUS!!! Am not really a fan of cream in cooking but added sparingly as in this case, tastes yummylicious. My recipe as follows (For 4-5 person) :
1. 3 chicken breasts (no skin)
2. Half pack of angel hair pasta
3. A bunch (encircle them with your tips of forefinger and thumb touching each other) of asparagus
4. 2 bell peppers (any colour) the size of your fist
5. 2 tbsp of cream (I use Bulla)
6. 3 tbsp of basil pesto (I use Agnesi)
7. About 15-20 white buttom mushrooms (I love shrooms!!)
8. Sundried tomatoes (8 slices)
9. Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
10. Some extra virgin olive oil
11. A tsp of chopped garlic
12. 1/2 cup of dry white wine (if desired)
1. Cook pasta till al dente in a pot of water with some olive oil - drain and set aside
2. Heat some olive oil in non-stick pan. Lay the smashed chicken breasts and sprinkle some salt and black pepper. Turn after 3 mins and do the same. Remove and leave to cool. Cut into desired size.
3. Roast bell peppers - then remove from oven and put in plastic bag. Once cooled, remove skin and chop coarsely.
4. Break asparagus into 1 inch lengths and slice mushrooms.
5. Heat a bit of oil in a deep pan. Fry garlic and sundried tomatoes till fragrant.
6. Add in asparagus. Then the chicken pieces followed by shrooms and roasted bell peppers.
7. Stir in cream and white wine. Leave to boil. Add in pesto. Reduce heat. Add in pasta. Mix well.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove and serve.